I want to change the portal color
I wrote this for another project works with 6.3.6...6.4.2
You must install a LESS compiler. For this example I have used WINLESS for Windows from http://winless.org . You should pick the one you feel more comfortable with. You must install Windows .NET 3.5 as a prerequisite.Disclaimer: I have no dealings with this company except as a user and to say that the product works for me.
- Create a new/temporary folder on your computer somewhere, call it something you will remember…My Documents/Bonita/CorporateColours for example.
- Open folder Apache-Tomcat/webapps and COPY file bonita.war to the CorporateColours folder.
- In the CorporateColours folder Rename bonita.war to bonita.war.zip
- Unzip the bonita.war.zip to folder CorporateColours/bonita.war.unzipped
- Open the bonita.war.unzipped folder
- Open the WEB-INF folder
- Open the classes folder
- Unzip the bonita-portal-theme.zip file to a new folder bonita-portal-theme
- Open the bonita-portal-theme folder
- Open the skin folder
- Open file skin.config.less using your favourite editor
- Find @mainAccentColor: this is the main skin colour and as default is set to #b20706 (red)
- Comment this line out by prefixing //
- Remove the // from the following line which makes the main skin colour blue #2674b0. You could change this to any colour you like but for this example – let’s make it simple and use what is there…
- Save and close the editor
Side Note: If you want to test colours try site http://easycalculation.com/color-coder.php It allows you to add hex digit codes and responds with the colours you choose immediately. Disclaimer: I have no dealings with this company except as a user and to say that the product works for me.
- Open the WINLESS Program
- Click Add Folder and point to the CorporateColours/bonita.war.unzipped
- Click Open, WINLESS will now add all the included LESS files ready for compilation
- Click Compile, If there are a few errors this should not be a problem, they are from the base install…
You should still be in the CorporateColours/bonita.war.unzipped folder…
Rename main.css to bonita.css.blue and copy it to folder apache-tomcat\bonita\client\tenants\1\work\theme\portal
Rename bonita.css to bonita.css.red and rename bonita.css.blue to bonita.css
- Restart your tomcat engine
- Open your chosen browser Clear the cache – just in case
- And open the portal…
Viola – that should be it – all working in your own colours…