Migration: 7.12 + jdk1.8.0_202 to 7.14 + open jdk-11.0.2 issue

Hello,

I have used Bonita studio version 7.12 with jdk1.8.0_202. Now migrated to Bonita studio 7.14 with open jdk-11.0.2. I exported the repository from the previous version and imported it into the new one. But when I try to run any process we get errors: “Error when trying to create bar for process”.
There is an error in the logs:
Caused by: org.bonitasoft.studio.groovy.provider.JarExportFailedException: Error while building Jar for Groovy scripts in Process dependencies.
Please check scripts in Development -> Manage Groovy scripts...
BonitaXML.groovy (line 14, col 480): The package javax.xml.xpath is accessible from more than one module: , java.xml

Could you please give us some hint how to solve this issue? The issue is probably caused by change Java version.

Thank You,
Best Regards,
Szymon

1 answer

+1
This one is the BEST answer!

Starting with version 7.13, the Studio runs on Java 11, while version 7.12 is Java 8. Thus, some dependencies that used to work before may no longer be compatible with Java 11, since some of the libraries and packages in those dependencies are now delivered by Java 11 itself. Hence, the Studio may end up finding the same package at two different places.

As we can see from the error, the problem is related to the "BonitaXML.groovy" library (embedded within older Bonita versions).

If your project does not need the class and methods defined in that library, then you can remove the "BonitaXML.groovy" file.

Notifications