example process 'Request for Proposal' .proc not compatible with version 6.3.7

Hi,

I am trying to import the example BPMN process diagram from this link. http://www.bonitasoft.com/for-you-to-read/process-library/request-proposal

From this link i get a .proc file wich seems no longer supported in version 6.3.7 i cannot import the .proc file in the version 6.3.7 of bonitasoft, so the .proc file seems useless

Can the example BPMN process be updated to be compatibel with the current version of bonitasoft or can somebody give me a way to workaround this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Guus

1 answer

It use the link your provide to download the process and I got a .bos file, not a .proc file.

Once imported in Bonita Studio, I need to do minor fix on invalid transition condition (need to edit the expression and set return type to Boolean).

Then, after configuring the actor mapping (e.g. associate "Employee actor" to ACME group) I can successfully run the process.

Comments

Submitted by G.vd.Hoek on Fri, 10/24/2014 - 12:14

I have managed to get the .bos file from the link by switching from browsers. Apperently i get a .proc file when i use internet explorerer and the .bos file when using Firefox.

Yet i am still running into trouble! when i try to import the .bos file into bonitasoft 6.3.7 i get an error saying:

'You are trying to import a process who has been designed with an incompatible version. This process will not be available afther the import operation.'

So i cannot import the process and do any changes that antoine suggested.

Any tips how to succesfully import?

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Fri, 10/24/2014 - 15:50

Can you double check the version of the Studio you are currently using? To do so, go to Studio menu "Help" -> "About"

Can you also share the content of Studio log file? You can get it in Studio menu "Help" -> "Bonita BPM Studio log".

Also can you please share the link to the .proc file you get when using Internet Explorer?

Thanks

Submitted by G.vd.Hoek on Fri, 10/24/2014 - 16:29

Hi antoine,

Thank you fore your continued support.

This is the version of the Studio I am using "Help" -> "About"

Bonita BPM Community Edition Version : 6.3.7 Build id : 6.3.7. Copyright © Bonitasoft S.A., 2009-2014 All rights reserved.

I am unsure how to share the entire content of the Studio log file ("Help" -> "Bonita BPM Studio log") in this comment. There is quite some text in there. I will include the first lines of the log file.

!SESSION 2014-10-07 09:57:29.034 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=6.3.7. java.version=1.7.0_67 java.vendor=Oracle Corporation BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en Framework arguments: -product org.bonitasoft.studio.initializer Command-line arguments: -product org.bonitasoft.studio.initializer -data C:\BonitaBPMCommunity-6.3.7/workspace

This is the download ulr where i get the .proc file from Interenet Explorer. Using the same link with Firefox gives the .bos file i am trying to import. http://www.bonitasoft.com/node/10093?download=BPMN_process_diagram&start...

I hope this information helps to clarify my problem.

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Fri, 10/24/2014 - 18:27

I reproduce the issue! It's with the Claims Management process (claims_management-1.0.bos), not with the Request for Proposal process (request_for_proposal-1.0.bos). It will require further investigation in order to find a fix. I let you know when I can come up with a solution.

Thanks for noticing this issue.

Submitted by G.vd.Hoek on Mon, 10/27/2014 - 10:06

Yes, you are right antoine it was the Claims Management process (claims_management-1.0.bos) that i am trying to import.

Thank you fore looking into this, i hope to be hearing soon from you.

Notifications