Is it possible to give the pause and resume for the task in bonita bpm 7.0.3?

I am trying to keep the task in pause for sometime and after again i want to resume and submit the task. How can i do it?
For example the person is doing the task but in middle he want to go for a tea break in this case he wants to keep the task in pause. After he came back and again he want to resume the task and perform the task. Please send me the solution for this with example. Thank you..

Comments

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Tue, 09/29/2015 - 11:16

Can you clarify which behavior you expect from the "pause/resume" feature?

Do you want to have the due date of task on hold? Something else?

Note that if user claim a task (i.e. click on "take" button in Bonita BPM Portal) the task is assigned to him and only him can do the task.

Submitted by ramireddy.pingala on Tue, 09/29/2015 - 12:42

1)After taking the particular task, the user was assigned with another task that needs to be completed immediately. So, he needs to pause the first task and complete the second task. After that he needs to resume the first task and continue with that task.
2) Also I want the date of task on hold.

1 answer

+1

Actually a human task doesn't have a "pause" state (you can check information about states in documentation).

Still it is possible to update the due date of a task using API (see REST API for Human task, "Update a humanTask" section).

You will need an input widget to enter the new due date, a variable (type String) to store the new due date and a button to send the new value.

Configuration of the button would be:

• Action: PUT
  • URL to call: ../API/bpm/humanTask/{{taskId}}
  • Data sent on click (newDueDate is the form variable mention above): {"dueDate":newDueDate}
Notifications