Migration of history cases to external DB - BOS 5.8, Tomcat 6, JDK 1.7 ,Windows Server 2008 R2

Hi,

I have a requirement to migrate all the history data to an external database before deleting the history cases. I have a custom connector to delete all the history cases and have a made a scheduled BPM process to do delete. But before, deletion when I extract all the history process instances, is there a way through API itself that I can put all this data to an external DB.

If I cannot achieve this using some API, can I write a DB script? There are in total 70 tables in the Bonita_History DB, out og which I have observed, the data goes to following 9 tables, but I am concerned if I save only these 9 tables and I want it later in the BPM, will I be able to get the correct data. Below mentioned are the 9 tables.:

SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_VAR SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_VAR_UPDATE SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_PI_STATE_UPD SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_ACT_INST

SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_PROC_INST_VARS SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_STATE_UPD SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_TASK_ASS_UPD SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_LOB

SELECT TOP 100 * FROM BN_PROC_INST

Can someone please help me on how to migrate all the History Data to another Database by using API or some DB script.

Thanks,

Sehej

1 answer

Hi Sehej,

Could you please describe your different databases (source -> destination) you want to migrate ?! In other cases, you migth find some tools/scripting to migrate databases from one type to another.

Additionnaly, if you estimate your project/process critical why you don't contact Bonitasoft for some consultancy expertise ?!

Regards, LL

Notifications