Usability Enhancement Suggestion - 6.3.2 New Connector Definition

Hi there,

When defining Inputs and Out puts to a New Connector Definition is would make much more sense to have the cursor move CELL to CELL when pressing the tab key rather than the way it works now which is just awkward.

Currently when defining a new Input/Output if you are in the Name Column pressing the key just takes you to Add... rather than the Mandatory Column. Pressing the tab after the default value should take you to the next row so you can add the next variable quickly.

And for that matter, the Mandatory Column should really be called Requirement? (Optional/Mandatory)...

And again for this column, why can't it be an intelligent column? That is rather than having to select the option from the DDL why can't I just press O or M, and it is selected automatically.

Developers should have to press to many keys...we have too many to press as it is.

Thanks and regards Seán

1 answer

Hi Seán,

Thank you for this feedback and improvement ideas. You are right, current filling procedure of our tables requires quite a bit a mouse clicks to get through.

I'm entering your feedback in our list of usability improvements.

I must admit that since the connector definition feature is not used very frequently, we may give priority to other frequently used features that need improvements (to boost efficiency of use), and also features improvements that will help novices come up to speed faster with Bonita BPM Studio (to boost the learning curve) before we tackle such improvements.

However, as tables are used quite a bit throughout the Studio UI, we may give it a second thought. Stay tuned.

Regards, Nathalie.

Notifications