A groovy reminder about the use of Groovy in Bonita
In the Bonita documentation, you'll find a How-to article to help you with the use of Groovy, the scripting language used in Bonita in addition to Java.
Groovy was chosen as the scripting language because it is:
- Concise, readable and has an expressive syntax, so it's easy to learn for Java developers
- Seamlessly and transparently integrates and interoperates with Java and third-party libraries
Our How-to will tell you everything about the way to use Groovy scripts in Bonita and ease your Java developer life.
It also details use case examples such as:
- Instantiate a business data
- list business objects using DAO
- update a business data
- search for task instances
- get CustomerUserInfo value for a user
If you are beginning with Groovy, I know the temptation would be high to use Java code along with Groovy... but if you do, you'll loose the real benefit of Groovy: to develop faster !
So it's worth some time to read this useful How-to and start using Groovy in Bonita.