Studio 6.3.2 - Problem with Find/Replace

+1

Hi there,

Studio 6.3.2 - Problem with Find/Replace

just got back into BonitaSoft and have started building again...

So I have a process, any process and do Diagram->Duplicate *and change all the Pool names. OK so far. Then I want to change all the occurrences of string ABC01 to ABC02* (yes perfectly valid in this case).

So I go to Edit->Find nothing happens...it's a dead link...

I then try *Cntrl-F * again nothing happens...

It looks like **Find **is missing then I try good old Cntrl-H (replace in MS world), Yeah! a result I get the search box up...

But when I try to find ABC01* nothing shows. And I can't do any Replacements.

So two things,

1) BUG: Find is not under Edit->Find nor *Cntrl-F * and doesn't seem to work, it finds nothing in my diagrams 2) BUGette: where is Find/Replace and based on the problems with 1) will it work?

Many thanks and best regards Seán

PS...

The tags below need updating: Bonita BPM Studio 6.3.2 is not there...

Comments

Submitted by ttoine on Mon, 08/04/2014 - 15:26

thank you for the report. I'll check with our dev if this is a bug.

1 answer

So after checking, this is not an issue. Find and Replace is just not available in Bonita Studio.

You can find stuff in the treeview (bottom left of the Studio).

Comments

Submitted by Sean McP on Mon, 08/04/2014 - 18:44

Find and Replace in Studio editor is not an issue?

How can anyone say that?

I have a 10 pool diagram that I want to duplicate into another set of processes changing information in strings names and well etc.

In my last edit (a small one) I counted the string ABC01 had to be changed 60 times. This is NOT efficient at all.

Studio is a "code" editor and should be treated as such, as it is the fact that Find is not under *Cntrl+F or Edit->Find *that is a bug.

As for Find & Replace not being available in the editor, it is an issue. I would like to add it therefore to a list of Requirements for the next release of the Studio.

Really, not an issue? I can't believe anyone actually said that.

Studio is based on Eclipse - Find and Replace are standard - it should be made available.

Please add to the next release.

Many thanks and best regards Seán

Notifications