tomcat servlet error 500 bad syntax

Hi,

To get started with bonita I followed the travel tool implementation video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxmVQ84k0EM
Everything went fine but after deploying the project when clicking the 'Create new travel request' a server 500 error is reported.

Analyzing the engine's log file points out two things:
AVERTISSEMENT: org.bonitasoft.livingapps.LivingApplicationPageServlet Error while trying to render the application page custompage_TravelTool
GRAVE: org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/bonita].[livingApplicationPageServlet] Servlet.service() for servlet [livingApplicationPageServlet] in context with path [/bonita] threw exception [La syntaxe du nom de fichier, de répertoire ou de volume est incorrecte] with root

I cannot figure out what is this syntax error as everything was named following the instructions in the video and the exception doesn't precisely tells whether it is regarding a file, directory or volume.

The button url is copied from the documentation and the pool seems correctly named 'Travel Request' : "/bonita/portal/resource/process/Travel%20Request/1.0/content/?id="+processDef[0].id

Any idea?

Comments

Submitted by Lionel Palacin on Fri, 12/09/2016 - 17:15

Hi,

Don't hesitate to share your project so we can have a look.

Thanks

Submitted by francois.gendre on Mon, 12/12/2016 - 17:30

I am new to Bonita.
What do you mean by 'project', the zip exported from the UI Designer or some other parts from the tomcat temp directory?
By the way I might not have looked well enough but I do not see how to add files/dir to share with other members, it seems only text can be typed.
Thanx

Submitted by francois.gendre on Wed, 12/14/2016 - 18:40

The project can be downloaded from this url

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6S5xj9rO8uXYmUtMnJxY1laejA

2 answers

+1

In your application page, you configure the URL of the link widget as a constant: Constant

As the link is actually built using an expression, you need to click on the "fx" button to switch from "constant" to "dynamic value": Dynamic value

You learn more about this in the UI Designer embedded help under "Properties".

Hope this will fix your issue.

I did the same mistake of the quotation mark in the start of the URL. Remove the quotation mark from the start and it will work.
Change :
"/bonita/portal/resource/process/Travel%20Request/1.0/content/?id="+processDef[0].id

To :
/bonita/portal/resource/process/Travel%20Request/1.0/content/?id="+processDef[0].id

Comments

Submitted by antoine.mottier on Tue, 04/25/2017 - 16:51

Your solution will actually fail when you try to click on the button to submit on the instantiation form of the "Travel request" process.

Process name and version in the URL are enough to load the instantiation form of a process. But submit button in the instantiation form use the process definition id provided as URL parameter to start a process instance. So id parameter is mandatory when the instantiation form is submitted.

Notifications