Update business variables in Bonita 7.12

Hi,
I have the following concern, depending on an option selected in the graphical interface by the user I must update only one of the two business variables represented in the attached image and not both variables at the same time.

image.png

When representing this case in a conditional structure it would look something like this:

if (condition) {
    // update businessVarA

} else {
    // update businessVarB
}

So, is there any way to update only one of those two business variables so that the other variable is not stored with all its null attributes in the database?

1 answer

+1
This one is the BEST answer!

Hi,

You could evaluate the condition using a BPMN Gateway and sequence flows with 2 automatic activities (one for businessVarA update and another for businessVarB)

HTH
Romain

Comments

Submitted by alexjhcm_2529035 on Wed, 05/05/2021 - 22:43

Thanks for the answer, and in the case of adding more than two business variables is it advisable to use a BPMN gateway or is there some other way to update only one of those business variables?

Submitted by romain.bioteau on Thu, 05/06/2021 - 09:00

If the variable update is conditional, yes, I recommend using a specific activity and BPMN gateways for condition evaluation.
I think it is a good practice to use the BPMN visual language as much as possible and avoid hidding the process logic in operation scripts.

Notifications