No actor initiator defined on the process
Since an upgrade of our Bonita server from 7.5.4 to 7.8.3 we encounter an issue for displaying form to the users. The following error appear :
In the application logs, I get the following exception :
org.bonitasoft.engine.bpm.actor.ActorNotFoundException: No actor initiator defined on the process
Which I don't really get since actor initiator is not mandatory.
This error appear on both processes that have an initiator defined and processes that do not.
I found a workaround for now:
- For processes that have an initiator defined, have the user assigned to the task belong to the same group the actor initiator is mapped to.
- For processes that don't have an initiator defined, have the user assigned to the task be admin. (Really not ideal)
Some additional precisions:
All was working fine before the upgrade. No changes has been done to the processes since the upgrade.
Upgrade has been done using the provided migration scripts.
Error also seem to appear on freshly deployed 7.8.3 environments that don't have been upgraded before.
All our processes use external form URL.
Everything is working fine on local environment with Bonita Studio.
I don't have any clue on how to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bonjour Pierre, Si vous pensez qu'il s'agit là d'un bug, je vous remercie de reporter un problème dans notre bug tracker. Ainsi nous pourrons essayer de le reproduire et si c'est le cas ouvrir un bug auprès de la R&D de Bonitasoft.
Si vous avez des difficultés pour le renseigner, je vous laisse vous reporter à la section correspondante dans les FAQ.
Je reste à votre disposition pour toute autre question. Merci d'avance. Delphine
In order to reproduce your issue I would like to better understand your process. Can you confirm my understanding and answers the following questions:
- You are working with 2 different "types" of process definitions: one that has an actor with the initiator flag, one that doesn't.
- For the process definitions that have no actors with initiator flag, can you describe how you start the process? Is it using a call activity?
- Your process definitions includes the declaration of 2 actors.
- To define the task candidates (i.e. set of users who can do the task) are you using an actor (with a mapping to groups, roles, users) or an actor filter?
- In your normal situation the user(s) who can do the tasks don't have the "Administrator" profile and are not in the group associated with the actor flagged "initiator".
- This issue is reproduce using a Bonita+Tomcat 7.8.3 bundle configured with which database?
- The issue is this error log message but the process run as expected?
Thanks a lot.
A quick update on this issue and my investigation. I created an external web applications that display forms to start processes and execute tasks. I also create a process create in Bonita 7.8.3 that use my custom webapp to display forms using "Redirect URL" option. Task in the process is associated with an actor. Actor is mapped to a single user that has only "user" profile (not an admin).
I can successfully run this in Bonita Studio (forms handle by the external webapps are displayed as expect in Bonita Portal).
I can also successfully run this process on a 7.8.3 Tomcat bundle configured with PostgreSQL. Again forms are displayed as expected.
In your question you mentioned that "Error also seem to appear on freshly deployed 7.8.3 environments". Are you able to provide step by step instructions that might give me more chances to reproduce your issue?