Bonita subscription deployment upgrade 6.2.3 to 6.3.3 issues.

I have attempted to migrate our Bonita Subscription version 6.2.3 running on Tomcat 7 and MySQL to version 6.3.3. I followed the directions listed here: http://documentation.bonitasoft.com/migrate-earlier-version-bonita-bpm#m...

I am now seeing this error repeated in the Bonita log. I am assuming that I have a bad jar file somewhere but I've looked over the migration steps and I cannot find anywhere that I went wrong.

I get a 500 error when going to the Bonita Portal.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know:

[root@localhost logs]# cat bonita.2014-08-28.log 2014-08-28 11:38:53 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/bonita] FINE: Configuring event listener class 'net.sf.ehcache.constructs.web.ShutdownListener' 2014-08-28 11:38:53 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/bonita] FINE: Configuring event listener class 'com.bonitasoft.engine.api.internal.servlet.EngineInitializerListenerSP' 2014-08-28 11:38:53 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/bonita] FINE: Configuring event listener class 'org.bonitasoft.console.common.server.servlet.PlatformTenantListener' 2014-08-28 11:38:53 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/bonita] FINE: Sending application start events 2014-08-28 11:38:53 org.bonitasoft.engine.EngineInitializer INFO: Initializing Bonita Engine... 2014-08-28 11:38:53 org.bonitasoft.engine.EngineInitializer INFO: Initializing Spring context... 2014-08-28 11:39:07 org.bonitasoft.engine.EngineInitializer INFO: Initializing platform... 2014-08-28 11:39:07 org.bonitasoft.engine.EngineInitializer INFO: Creating platform... 2014-08-28 11:39:07 org.bonitasoft.engine.EngineInitializer INFO: Platform is already initialized. org.bonitasoft.engine.platform.PlatformNotFoundException: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bonitasoft.engine.service.impl.SpringPlatformServiceAccessor cannot be cast to com.bonitasoft.engine.service.PlatformServiceAccessor at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.PlatformAPIImpl.isPlatformCreated(PlatformAPIImpl.java:855) at org.bonitasoft.engine.PlatformTenantManager.createPlatform(PlatformTenantManager.java:42) at org.bonitasoft.engine.EngineInitializer.initPlatform(EngineInitializer.java:133) at org.bonitasoft.engine.EngineInitializer.initializeEngine(EngineInitializer.java:91) at com.bonitasoft.engine.api.internal.servlet.EngineInitializerListenerSP.contextInitialized(EngineInitializerListenerSP.java:38) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4791) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5285) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:657) at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1637) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bonitasoft.engine.service.impl.SpringPlatformServiceAccessor cannot be cast to com.bonitasoft.engine.service.PlatformServiceAccessor at com.bonitasoft.engine.service.impl.ServiceAccessorFactory.createPlatformServiceAccessor(ServiceAccessorFactory.java:41) at com.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.PlatformAPIExt.getPlatformAccessor(PlatformAPIExt.java:129) at com.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.PlatformAPIExt.getPlatformAccessor(PlatformAPIExt.java:112) at org.bonitasoft.engine.api.impl.PlatformAPIImpl.isPlatformCreated(PlatformAPIImpl.java:853) ... 17 more

Comments

Submitted by bvalenti on Fri, 08/29/2014 - 01:11

Hello Ryan. I'm afraid that I'm not able to help you with your upgrade issue, but I wanted to ask if you've submitted your issue Bonitasoft customer support. Since your issue pertains to a Bonita Subscription version, you have access to customer support. If you have any questions about how to submit your issue to customer support, please contact your Bonita sales representative.

Submitted by bvalenti on Fri, 08/29/2014 - 01:13

Hello Ryan. I'm afraid that I'm not able to help you with your upgrade issue, but I wanted to ask if you've submitted your issue Bonitasoft customer support. Since your issue pertains to a Bonita Subscription version, you have access to customer support. If you have any questions about how to submit your issue to customer support, please contact your Bonita sales representative.

1 answer

+2
This one is the BEST answer!

Hello,

It seems that there is a confusion between community (org.bonitasoft...) and subscription (com.bonitasoft) according to :

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bonitasoft.engine.service.impl.SpringPlatformServiceAccessor cannot be cast to com.bonitasoft.engine.service.PlatformServiceAccessor
at com.bonitasoft.engine.service.impl.ServiceAccessorFactory.createPlatformServiceAccessor(ServiceAccessorFactory.java:41)

Could you please ensure that you use the migration tool corresponding to the edition that you have installed?

Regards,

Jérémy Jacquier-Roux

Comments

Submitted by ryan.dever on Fri, 08/29/2014 - 14:21

That was exactly it. I downloaded the correct migration tool, restored my old bonita home folder, restored the database to the pre-migrated state and ran the new tool and everything is working.

When I initially read the instructions I simply missed the fact that there was a subscription version of the migration tool. Thanks for the help!

Notifications